What I LIKE
- Hearing “have a nice day” from the shoe shine guy.
- Having someone hold a door open for me – chivalry still exists!
- Please and Thank You, Excuse Me, Go ahead, you only have a few items.
- Smelling the baking aroma from the ‘flavor factory’ as I drive past I465 and Park 100.
- Catching up with old friends.
- Hugs, kisses & phone calls from grandkids.
- Unexpected mail (not a bill or ad).
- A funny, clean joke.
- Not-for-profit employees – they do it for the benefit of helping others.
- A ‘loaner’ in Euchre.
- The library.
- Rest stops along interstate highways.
- Baby pictures – any baby – they’re all cute.
- Post-it notes.
What I DON’T Like
- Drivers that tailgate – I’m going the speed limit – Back OFF!
- Co-workers that take the last drop of coffee from the pot and don’t make another one; my usual response is a quote from ‘ The Old Man’ from A Christmas Story: “sons ‘o bitches!”.
- Spit on the sidewalk – at least do it in the gutter.
- Smelling the ‘s**t factory’ smells when the wind blows up from the south.
- Loud cell phone talkers – we don’t need to know your business.
- TV news ‘teasers’ – just give us the news, NOW!
- Politicians – most of them are crooks one way or another.
- Reality shows; drama in real life is enough for me.
- One-ply toilet paper.
- Litter/trash along the road/sidewalk.
- The word ‘like’ 20 times in one sentence.
- Dirty snow.