Happy 2013 everyone! As I do most every morning, I read Annie’s Mailbox while having my coffee and today’s column had a reprint of the “Golden Rules for Living” by Miriam Hamilton Keare…I think they are a nice follow-up to a my “12 Wishes” posts and a great way to start the year:
“Golden Rules for Living” by Miriam Hamilton Keare
1. If you open it, close it.
2. If you turn it on, turn it off.
3. If you unlock it, lock it up,
4. If you break it, admit it.
5. If you can’t fix it, call in someone who can.
6. If you borrow it, return it.
7. If you value it, take care of it.
8. If you make a mess, clean it up.
9. If you move it, put it back.
10. If it belongs to someone else, get permission to use it.
11. If you don’t know how to operate it, leave it alone.
12. If it’s none of your business, don’t ask questions.
Remember today that the new has come. It’s a new year with new opportunities, and it’s time for you to be the new you. Let this be the year that you break old habits and addictions. Let this be the year that you move forward into a new life…it is what I wish for myself and for you too. Happy New Year…