The weather it becoming nice (and we’re SO ready for it!) so it’s time to get out and enjoy local events – most are free, some might have a small charge/donation. Either way – Have FUN!
- 10th. and every Wed. thru October 10-2 at City Market – Artisan & Farmer’s Market, pick up some veggies on your lunch hour and cook them up for supper!http://www.indycm.com/
- 11th. Indy Arts kicks off piano pARTS on Monument Circle; http://www.idada.org/
- 12th. Clustertruck on Georgia St. The food trucks will be serving from 11-2.
- 14th. Art in the Park, 12-4 at IMA – where’s there’s always something to do; http://www.imamuseum.org/calendar
- 15th. Actor’s Playground 7:00 at Indy Reads Books – local actors performing their favorite plays without props and prep; http://indyreadsbooks.org/events/
- 17th. 7:00 at Central Library – Central Indiana Bicycling Association presentation; http://www.imcpl.org/events/calendar.php/
- 18th. – 28th. Arts Festival sponsored by Butler University, various activities/events to enjoy at the new Schrott Center; http://blogs.butler.edu/artsfest/
- 20th. Earth Day at St. Mary’s of the Woods White Violet Center. Head west on I-70 to enjoy a day filled with exciting ways to preserve the Earth; http://spsmw.org/white-violet-center-for-eco-justice/events/annual-earth-day-celebration-saint-mary-of-the-woods-ind/
- 21st. Spring Memorial Service at Crown Hill Cemetary which has the hightest hill in Marion County with a 360 degree view of the city; http://www.crownhill.org/cemetery/tours.html
- 22- 27 FDIC Convention – hang out downtown and party with the firemen!
- All month long: Flowers and Gardens and Art – what could be better? At the Indianapolis Museum of Art; http://www.imamuseum.org/calendar
- 27th. Earth Day at White River State Park, lots to see & do for the whole family; http://www.earthdayindiana.org/
- All month: various events and activities at the Garfield Arts Center; http://www.gpacarts.org/#
And remember, Indy has lots of walking & bike trails and parks on every side of town to enjoy. So, GET OUT!